“Add Meta Tags” – in search of tagging, “meta” and not (part 3)
While looking to implement META tags, search keywords, content taggin and such for a commercial site I went through virtually everything I could get my hands on. This is part three (of many) of my findings. Feel free to argue.
AutoMeta – generates HTML and Technorati tags (what’s the difference? – I do not know. Hopefully someone smart will read this and post the answer) based on the text of a post.
- Straightforward deployment. Brilliantly! adds its menu under Plugins, – I did not have to guess if it’s under “Manage” or “Options”. I wish more plugin authors did this (unless they are extending existing wordpress features – that requires proper location of the extra admin pages)
- It works. Very clear instructions on the plugin page: a custom field is created and automatically populated. Can be edited or re-generated afterwards.
- Output options are way beyond just adequate. Good job!
- -: There is no easy way to generate tags for the existing posts.
- HMM: some of the generated tags are not good, like “real?” with the question mark. On the other hand someone should be checking the tags manually anyway.
- +/-: so, which tags arrived from Technorati? and how? – The plugin would output them on the page, but I wonder if an integration into the “write Post” page is possible. I am REALLY nitpicking here.
About this entry
You’re currently reading ““Add Meta Tags” – in search of tagging, “meta” and not (part 3),” an entry on N0T a Blog
- December 1, 2006 / 5:33 am