“Category Tagging” – in search of tagging, “meta” and not (part 5)
While looking to implement META tags, search keywords, content taggin and such for a commercial site I went through virtually everything I could get my hands on. This is part five (of many) of my findings. Feel free to argue.
Category Tagging plug-in – a simple answer to the simple question: what is the difference between WordPress categories and tags again? The plug-in sais “none and adds what the author thinks is the missing “tag” functionality to the categories.
An excellent discussion of “tags versus categories” can be found here. Lorelle’s blog is a true treasure trove of information. Stop now and go spend an hour there – you will come back with a much better idea of what the hell you want.
- Adds tag cloud (as a nice php function)
- Adds “related posts by tag” function
- + Home page contains nice php code examples
- – Want to do something extra with META tags? – Not with this plug-in. But then it never claimed to do it.
- +/- As plug-in’s page states, there is a buil-in WordPress limit of 100 categories (still a lot!). The page also contains a link to the solution. Michael has a few other solid plug-ins.
About this entry
You’re currently reading ““Category Tagging” – in search of tagging, “meta” and not (part 5),” an entry on N0T a Blog
- December 1, 2006 / 5:39 am