Blank Admin Page
Who on Earth would ever want a blank page sitting at the top level of their WordPress Admin menu??? Especially since it is not recommended by the Codex?
Well, there are three groups of people:
- (most important) me: I just wanted to write something this simple before trying funkier stuff
- someone who wants a non-blank page plug-in and needs a piece of code to start with
- Someone like Jason, who asked Barun Singh if his wonderful Custom Admin Menu plug-in for WordPress can create a new top level menu. “Custom Admin Menu” is a work of art and will save me a lot of confusion as the list of installed plug-ins grows out of control. Jason’s question was all the excuse I needed.
What it does, how it works
That’s it. No do with it as you wish.
Blank Admin Page is here: Blank Admin Page
- Download the plugin (see “Download” above).
- Rename blank_admin_page.txt to blank_admin_page.php and put it into your plugins directory (/wp-content/plugins/) or in a sub directory of the plugins directory.
- Activate the Plug-in.
Thank youWriting all this up took time and effort. If you happen to be actually using this plug-in – I appreciate your vote of confidence and would love to hear about it!